ABOUT THE RESIDENCY: The Alumni Residency at MECA is designed to bring degree-holding alumni back to Maine each summer for four weeks in July to re-engage in intensive on-campus experiences in conjunction with the MFA Summer Intensive.
Alumni Residents at MECA are provided with one studio space on the MECA campus and receive 24-hour access to that studio space. If interested in additional access, residents are responsible for associated studio lab fees ($85-$325).
The dates for the 2020 Alumni Residency at MECA are July 6 - 31, 2020.
ELIGIBILITY: Applicants must be graduates from the BFA, MFA, or MAT Programs at Maine College of Art. Priority is given to individual artists rather than groups or collectives. For BFA alumni, in particular, these four weeks at MECA offer an ideal opportunity to experience graduate school. Please review all the information below before applying.
Non graduated alums, SALT graduates, Post Baccalaureate graduates, Continuing Studies faculty and students are ineligible to apply.
TEAM / GROUP RESIDENCY: If more than one person is applying for the residency, the group should select a lead contact person. The lead contact person should submit a single application, a combined statement of purpose for the entire group, and is responsible for including all group members’ documents (resume, work samples, etc) into the application.
If you do not plan to apply as a group, please use the individual application, here.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Prepare the following information in advance of submitting your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered for review. Please upload online the following documents and images, not zipped, but individually uploaded.
- One-page statement of intent discussing what you plan to work on during the residency, your studio and equipment needs; why you are interested in returning to MECA; and your interest in interacting with the MECA community while you are here (participating in studio visits, going to visiting artists lecture, attending MFA crits, etc.) *Please note that all residents will participate in an Open Studio event at the end of the residency.*
- Biographies for each artist
- Resume / CV for each artist
- 20 Work Samples including work from the entire team
- Image descriptions that correspond to your images which include title, medium, size and year of completion for each artist
All submissions must have been completed within the last three years. All documents listed above should be saved as a Word document or a PDF.
Late and incomplete proposals will not be accepted. Only online applications via Submittable will be accepted.
TIMELINE: Deadline for applications is 11:59PM EST on February 29, 2020. Notification of awards will be made in mid-April 2020.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, visit Alumni Residency at MECA page on Meca.edu
CONTACT: If you have any questions concerning the residency or requirements contact:
Isabelle O'Donnell '17, Alumni Relations & Events Coordinator
email@example.com | 207.699.5018