ABOUT THIS GRANT: Alumni who hold a BFA degree and have graduated within the last ten years are eligible to apply. Grants of up to $1,500 will be awarded through a competitive review process.
ELIGIBILITY: Applicants must be working in the crafts field, including, but not limited to metalsmithing, jewelry, woodworking, furniture design, ceramics, or fiber arts.
Must have received a BFA degree from Maine College of Art within the last ten years. Eligible graduating classes are 2010–2019.
Must not have received a grant from this fund within the past 12 months.
Non graduated alums, SALT graduates, Post Baccalaureate graduates, MFA graduates, MAT graduates, Continuing Studies faculty and students are ineligible to apply.
ACCEPTABLE USE OF FUNDS include, but are not limited to: travel and fees associated with professional conferences; tuition or travel funds related to residencies or other educational opportunities to enhance professional practice; equipment or materials critical to grow/enhance professional and studio practice; costs related to starting a business in a relevant craft field.
In general, grant funds will not cover operating expenses such as rent/lease, utilities, or other routine expenses, or tuition to a degree-granting program.
Grant must be spent within 12 months of receipt of funds.
Must provide documentation of expenses and a written summary of use of funds within one year of receipt (no additional funds will be granted if reports are not completed).
- A written request for funds detailing how the grant will be used to advance one’s professional career in the crafts, not to exceed two pages in length.
- Budget, detailing how funds will be used. Maximum request amount is $1,500.
- 10 digital images: Only digital images will be reviewed for submission.
- Format all images as jpgs with minimum dimensions of 600 x 800 pixels and a maximum of 1024 pixels per side, saved at a resolution of 72 dpi. Name digital images with the following format: LastNameFirstNameNumber.jpg (i.e NyguenJon01.jpg) etc. Do not include any spaces, dashes, or other symbols in the file name. Images size must not exceed 1M each.
- All works submitted must be completed within the last two years.
- Image descriptions: title, date, media, and physical dimensions.
All submissions must have been completed within the last two years. All documents listed above should be saved as a Word document or a PDF.
Late and incomplete proposals will not be accepted. Only online applications via Submittable will be accepted.
TIMELINE: Deadline for applications is 11:59PM EST on February 29, 2020. Notification of awards will be made in mid-April 2020.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, visit Belvedere Grant page on Meca.edu
CONTACT: If you have any questions concerning the residency or requirements contact:
Isabelle O'Donnell '17, Alumni Relations & Events Coordinator at email@example.com or 207.699.5018.