Welcome to the application for Feed Your Soul 2019!
This year's program will run from Sunday, June 23 – Friday, June 28, 2018. Please fill out this application completely to apply for a place in the 2019 program. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. If you would like to attend Feed Your Soul 2019 with other friends or colleagues who are also art educators, each individual must fill out a separate application.
The 2019 FYS application opens on November 15, 2018 and will close at 11:59pm EST on Tuesday, January 15, 2019. Decisions will be emailed to the email address provided by early February.
To fill out the 2019 Feed Your Soul application, you will need to address:
+ Your name, mobile phone number, and email address
+ Your school's name, address, phone number, as well as the classes/levels you teach, and affiliations you may have
+ Up to 250 words on why you would like to attend Feed Your Soul at this point in your career
+ Information on if you have attended FYS in the past or if you would like to attend with other teachers as a group
+ The workshop (if any) you would like to take during Feed Your Soul
+ Your housing preferences and any housing requirements/concerns
+ A studio space you would like, if any
+ What media you might like to use while at Feed Your Soul
All information regarding the program, housing, studios, and costs are outlined online at meca.edu/feed-your-soul. We recommend you review the information and options available before completing this application to ensure you are selecting the options you prefer. If you have any questions about the program or what's available, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before filling out this application.
You will be able to save your application in the middle and return to it to finish. Submittable will auto-save your application every ten seconds. After submitting, you will not be able to edit your application.
If you have any questions about this application, please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.
November 15, 2018: Applications for Feed Your Soul 2019 open.
January 15, 2019: Applications for Feed Your Soul 2019 close, 11:59pm EST.
January 16–31, 2019: Applications for Feed Your Soul 2019 will be read and reviewed by committee.
Early February 2019: Decisions for Feed Your Soul 2019 will be emailed to applicants. Accepted participants will be asked to complete a needs assessment regarding housing, allergies, accommodations, and emergency contact information.
February 11, 2019: Need assessment forms for participants due. Invoices for Feed Your Soul will be emailed to participants.
March 15, 2019: Payment for Feed Your Soul 2019 is due.
April 21, 2019: Final wait-list decisions will be made.
May 6, 2019: Final date for housing refunds.
Mid-May 2019: Materials lists will be sent to participants.
June 2019: Final studio assignments will be made and emailed to participants.
June 23–June 28, 2019: Feed Your Soul 2019!
The cost for Feed Your Soul 2019 includes:
- Participation in up to one workshop
- Standard Housing in Oak Street Residence Hall for the week (two participants per room)
- Individual studio space plus 24/7 access to studios and facilities
- Breakfast and lunch Monday through Thursday as well as breakfast on Friday
- Two evening cocktail receptions
- 2019 Feed Your Soul tote bag & MECA goodies
Additional costs may include:
- Materials fees for workshops: usually between $0–50 per workshop
- Upgraded Housing
- Single Room, Oak Street Residence Hall: $175/week (one participant per room)
- Shared Room, Hotel: $450/week (two participants per room)
- Single Room, Hotel: $1,050/week (one participant per room)
- Parking in a nearby garage: $50–$100/week
- Travel to and from Feed Your Soul 2019 and any additional personal expenses are the responsibility of the participant